Find An All Battery Center
Find Your Location
Safe driving tips for winter weather.Learn the dangers of cold weather roads and how to take the wheel with confidence.
Winter driving facts
- More than 70,000 people in the US are injured annually in snow-related accidents
- The first day after a snowfall carries more risk than any other snow day
- 70% of US roads are in regions with 5-plus inches of annual snow
Winter driving tips
- Increase the following distance behind the car in front of you to 8-10 seconds
- Accelerate and decelerate slowly
- Never warm up a vehicle in an enclosed area such as a garage
- Make certain your tires are properly inflated
How to prepare for winter driving
- Emergency kit. Keep a bag of sand and emergency essentials in your trunk.
- Battery. Make sure your battery is up for cold winter temperatures. Interstate All Battery Center®
offers free battery tests. Find a location near you.
- Snow tires. Get extra traction in extreme conditions with the proper tires.
- Tire pressure. Cold weather can affect your tire pressure. Add air if your tires are low.
- Gas. Keep your tank full to prevent your gas line from freezing up.