IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ
When using Interstate Batteries® services, you trust us with your information and as such, this policy is meant to help you understand:
- What information we collect during our application and recruitment process and why we collect it;
- How we use that information; and
- How to access and update that information.
We encourage you to take the time to read this policy carefully. The information you provide to us will be handled according to the standards outlined below.
Incorporation into Conditions of Use
This Policy was last changed on September 3, 2019.
Information Collection and Submission
This policy covers the information you share with us and/or which may be acquired or produced by Interstate Batteries, Inc., its subsidiaries and its affiliates (collectively “IB”) during the application or recruitment process including:
- Your name, address, email address, telephone number and other contact information;
- Your resume or CV, cover letter, previous and/or relevant work experience or other experience, education, transcripts, professional and other work-related licenses, permits and certifications held, or other information you provide to us in support of an application and/or the application and recruitment process;
- Information from interviews and phone-screenings you may have, if any;
- Details of the type of employment you are or may be looking for, current and/or desired salary and other terms relating to compensation and benefits packages, willingness to relocate, or other job preferences;
- Details of how you heard about the position you are applying for;
- Any sensitive and/or demographic information obtained during the application or recruitment process such as gender, information about your citizenship and/or nationality, medical or health information and/or your racial or ethnic origin;
- Reference information and/or information received from background checks (where applicable), including information provided by third parties;
- Information relating to any previous applications you may have made to IB and/or any previous employment history with IB;
- Information about your educational and professional background from publicly available sources, including online, that we believe is relevant to your application or a potential future application (e.g. your LinkedIn profile);
- Information related to any assessment you may take as part of the interview screeningprocess; and/or
- Indirect personal information by browsing this website and communicating electronically withus (such as cookies and connection and system information).
How We Use Information We Collect
Your information will be used by IB for the purposes of carrying out its application and recruitment process which includes:
- Processing your application;
- Assessing your skills, qualifications and interests against our career opportunities;
- Verifying your information and carrying out reference checks and/or conducting background checks (where applicable) if you are offered a job;
- Communications with you about the recruitment process and/or your application(s), including, in appropriate cases, informing you of other potential career opportunities at IB;
- Creating and/or submitting reports as required under any local laws and/or regulations, where applicable;
- Where requested by you, assisting you with obtaining an immigration visa or work permit where required;
- Making improvements to IB’s application and/or recruitment process; and/or
- Complying with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental requests; and/or
- Proactively conducting research about your educational and professional background and skills and contacting you if we think you would be suitable for a role with us.
We will also use your information to protect the rights and property of IB, our users, applicants, candidates, employees or the public as required or permitted by law.
Who May Have Access to Your Information
The information you provide may be disclosed to the following individuals, groups, and parties in accordance with the following:
- Your information may be shared with our affiliates and subsidiaries in the US and in other jurisdictions, in relation to the purposes described above.
- IB may also share your information with outside contractors, agents, and third parties who help IB with the administration and maintenance of its application and recruitment process, such as our internet service providers who help us administer this website or assist us in our online recruiting process. These parties are bound by agreements requiring them to maintain your information in confidence and only use such information for the purposes described herein.
- If you have been referred for a job at IB by a current IB employee, with your consent, we may inform that employee about the progress of your application and let the IB employee know the outcome of the process.
- IB may also use service providers acting on IB’s behalf to perform some of the services described above including for the purposes of the verification/background checks. These service providers may be located outside the country in which you live or the country where the position you have applied for is located.
- IB may sometimes be required to disclose your information to external third parties such as to courts and tribunals, regulatory bodies and/or law enforcement agencies for the purpose of complying with applicable laws and regulations, or in response to legal process.
- We will also share your personal information with other third parties if we have your consent (for example if you have given us permission to contact your referees), or to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or to protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of IB, our applicants, candidates, employees or the public or as otherwise required by law.
- It is your responsibility to obtain consent from referees before providing their personal information to IB.
Protection of Information
IB works hard to protect its users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, destruction or disclosure of information we hold. As such, IB uses commercially reasonable administrative, technical, human, and physical measures to protect information about you that is collected, processed, and stored as part of the application and recruitment process. However, IB cannot guarantee that any electronic commerce is totally secure. For example, IB has no control over the information collected by your Internet service provider, or information that you disclose in a public forum. Any such third party that collects your information may use the information in accordance with its terms and conditions of use (and related privacy policies), which may be different from this policy. IB is not responsible for any information collected by such third parties and/or how such information is used or maintained. Neither any third party nor IB has the authority to make any representations or commitments on behalf of the other.
Our Retention of Your Information
If you are offered and accept employment with IB, the information collected during the application and recruitment process will become part of your employment record.
If you apply for a job at IB and your application is unsuccessful (or you withdraw from the process or decline our offer), IB will retain your information for a period after your application. We retain this information for various reasons, including in case we face a legal challenge in respect of a recruitment decision, to consider you for other current or future jobs at IB and to help us better understand, analyze and improve our recruitment processes.
If you do not want us to retain your information for consideration for other roles, or want us to update it, please contact Workday.FAQ@ibsa.com. Please note, however, that we may retain some information if required by law or as necessary to protect ourselves from legal claims.
Your Rights In Respect Of Your Information
In certain jurisdictions, you may have certain rights under data protection law. This may include the right to request access or to update your information, request that it be deleted, or object to IB using it for certain purposes.
If you wish to exercise a right of access please contact Workday.FAQ@ibsa.com. We will respond to any requests in accordance with applicable law, and so there may be circumstances where we are not able to comply with your request.
Depending on your place of residence, you may also raise any questions or concerns you have regarding your personal information with your local data protection authority.
Changes To This Policy
We may change this policy from time to time. We will post any changes to this policy on this page. Each version of this policy is identified by its effective date.
Last updated: 2019