- Have your battery checked by a professional. Some corrosion can't be seen by the naked eye.
- Test your car's starting and charging system every six months.
- Use a battery charger to maintain charge levels and keep your battery in good condition.
- Inspect your battery cables, posts and fasteners to ensure cables are in good shape and secured firmly to the battery.
Ask a trained professional to do the following:
- Replace worn wipers.
- Refill washer fluid. Winterize with a 50/50
mix of washer fluid and water.
- Make sure the heater and defroster are in
- Inspect all bulbs and lights.
- Check condition of tires, including the spare.
- Measure your tire air pressure.
- Change oil every 3,000 miles.
- Examine exhaust system for leaks.
- Flush and refill cooling system with a
- Check drive belts, clamps and hoses.
Carry the following emergency items in extremely cold weather:
- Tire Chains
- Battery Booster Pack
- Cell Phone